Skip to main content

Finished the Clinical Trial!!

So it is done!  I finished the clinical trial this month!!!  It has been three years and now it is complete!!  My scans were clear!!  Dr Grossman even said that he was surprised how clear my scans were and how well I have been doing!!!  We did talk about the future.  I will go back and see him in 3 months and get scans again in 6 months.  I will see him every 3 months for 2 years but will only get scans every 6 months.

We talked about risk of re occurrence.  I take this for what it is, statistical, because of going 7 years before re occurring.  Statistically speaking, things look very good for me!!!  What  I do know is that melanoma is a monster and can come back at any time and disrupt life!!!  The good thing is I know now some of the things that create a greater risk than others and can mitigate those risks as much as possible.

The good thing is that this bout has not slowed me down.  I play basketball twice a week and have been able to continue umpiring high school baseball!! This year I again was able to work a lot of tournament games including the 3A State Championship game where I worked behind the plate on the final game!!!

Life is a blessing and trials simply make you stronger!!!  I am blessed and again thank all of you for your support!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When People Think You Are Dying

I received an interesting email from a friend this week.  It said he had heard I had relapsed and he wanted to get together and go to lunch.  I was really appreciative of the invitation but started to wonder why he thought I had relapsed.  I spoke with this friend who told me that he heard through someone else that I was "terminal" and that I only had a few months to live.  He also told me that this message had been received by many in an announcement made at a meeting.  I was a little shocked!  First that someone heard I was dying and second that I mattered enough to have it announced!  I assured my friend that I was doing just fine and that I was not "dying".  I told him that I had no new re-occurrence of melanoma and that my treatments were going just fine.  This made me start to think about life in general and how we communicate! In regards to communication, I learned how this information was obtained.  It was taken out of context by another friend.  It is ama

What We're Doing at Home

We have been really busy since our Christmas present trip to Disneyland!   We had planned to remodel the kitchen prior to the trip but ut it off until after the trip. My brother, Justin and I took a week off work to get at much done as possible.   We got most of the demolition done and framing in that week.  We have been working the last two weeks after work to finish all the detail work. We are currently waiting for the cabinets to be installed so we can install appliances and use the kitchen once again! It's been a tough job but very fulfilling.   My brother Justin has been a great help!  Thanks Justin!

Tired and stomach bothering me a little

So,  Nicole and I are in the middle of remodeling the house.  I go to work all day and come home and do work on the house to get ahead of the remodelers.  All weekend it is nothing but working on the house.  We are getting down to the end but we are also getting to the hardest part of the job.  The girls were gone all week and that made it nice with the house being torn apart.  Now that they are back, we have no rooms done for them.  We are all staying in our bedroom downstairs.  We put one bed in the room for the girls.  Problem is, that is the next room to get done.  We won't get carpet, most likely, until next week, so we are trying to figure out what to do.  My sister, Kim, offered her trailer and my brother, Justin, would most likely let us come stay at his house for a couple of days.  What to do!  What to do! Lately, probably from not stopping, I have gotten tired real easy.  I am used to pushing myself and working to exhaustion, but that simply isn't going to happen ri